Sunday, March 13, 2011

Series Project #2

Series Project #2 - Draft 1

For this series project, I wanted to focus on the person I am taking pictures of. The subject of my photos. In my other projects, the photographs do not reflect the person, they usually reflect the events that are happening or the situation that particular person is in. Now, I wanted to focus solely on the person, and all the emotions and feelings that person portrays. For this draft, I focused on one of my closest friends, Kate Roddy.












5 comments:

  1. This is an interesting series revealing various emotions of one individual. I like how you angled the camera in different ways to capture different lighting and shadows. I think all are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your series project is very interesting, i like the fact that you are focusing on one person itself. I Think you should improve on a little more of the person, and not let the back ground, and lighting draw away from the actual image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a great start. i'm glad that you looked for different solutions as you tried to capture her essence. i would suggest studying these and going back to film her again with a focused approach/style. the sun/light can be distracting, but also can support a relaxed nature. each model will have different sides to them. it might be interesting to work many times with kate to capture specific aspects of her personality?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the lighting because it is consistent in all photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a really good job capturing her from different perspectives. It really shows different sides of her. I also like the lighting in most of the pictures, it makes the image really strong.

    ReplyDelete